Research studies need you
Research drives understanding and change across the world. There is no better example of it currently as the global effort to understand Covid-19 and to develop a vaccine. The research projects below are looking for participants, perhaps there's one that you may like to get involved in:
- For people living with Fronto-Temporal Lobe Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease Dementia or Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- A questionnaire study to develop a bank of information to improve the wider understanding of the lived experiences of people living with these forms of dementia and their carers. It will involve completing a questionnaire with a researcher once a year for this year and the next two years.
- For people living with Dementia with Lewy Bodies
- A genetic study involving some memory tests and having a blood test to try and find links with genes and memory problems.
- For all people over the age of 16 years
- A short online questionnaire regarding your thoughts on how information is shared about you in the NHS and for research purposes.
- For people with mild or early Alzheimer’s Disease
- A medication study that is being conducted in London, involving fortnightly infusions of a medication or placebo. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
- For people living with depression or anxiety
- A project to explore genetic risk factors in people who have suffered with or diagnosed with depression and/or anxiety.
- For anyone living with memory problems or ‘healthy’ volunteers (people without memory problems)
- A short survey completed with a researcher and the option to complete a computerised thinking skills test.
If you are interested in using your experience to participate in a research study or would like further information, please contact:
Sarra Blackman, Lead Research Nurse, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust at the Berkshire Memory and Cognition Research Centre, Harry Pitt Building, Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, University of Reading, RG6 7BE on:
T: 0118 378 5700
M: 07342 058 725